Useful Tips for Efficient Grinding Processes in Laboratory Ball Mills
Then register for RETSCH’s Live Webinar Then register for RETSCH’s Live Webinar “Useful tips for efficient grinding processes in laboratory Ball Mills”!
In this Webinar, you will receive valuable information on how to improve your daily grinding routine and learn about new possibilities in ultrafine grinding:
- Introduction Ball Mills
- Tips &Tricks
- Choice of grinding jar and grinding ball material
- Size and number of grinding balls
- Dry grinding and ‘sample to grinding balls’ ratio
- Wet grinding and adequate viscosity of the sample
- Mechanical alloying and high energy input
- High Energy Ball Mill Emax, functional principle and cooling
- Application examples: Faster. Finer. Cooler.
Special Focus: High Energy Grinding
Ultrafine grinding in ball mills can be a time-consuming process. With the new High Energy Ball Mill Emaxit is now possible to considerably accelerate the procedure due to the mill’s extremely high speed and innovative cooling options. Moreover, it is suitable for pulverizing heat-sensitive sample materials to particle sizes in the nanometer range.
At the end of the Webinar, you will have the chance to download a package containing all relevant information.
Option 1: 07. December 2017; 9:00-10:00 CET,
Option 2: 07. December 2017; 16:00-17:00 CET
Dr. Tanja Butt, Product Manager RETSCH GmbH
Dr. Gerhard Beckers, Applications Specialist RETSCH GmbH
Workshop at MS&T17: Powder Metals for Additive Manufacturing
Verder Scientific will be hosting a hands on techniques workshop on the “Preparation, Characterization and Analysis of Powder Metals for Additive Manufacturing” at this year’s MS&T17 in Pittsburgh, PA.
This workshop will provide hands on experience with live operating test systems for:
- Feed stock, particle size analysis and morphology
- Heat treatment for annealing, debinding and sintering
- C,S,N,O,H analysis of powder metals and finished products
- Recovery/recycling of non conforming products for re-use of feed stock materials
- Cutting, polishing and mechanical testing of finished products
Two Hour Course, offered on multiple dates/times:
Tuesday Oct. 10th, 2017: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday Oct. 11th, 2017: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. or 12:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Westin Convention Center Pittsburgh – West room on the second floor
Please join us for this unique opportunity to experience Additive Manufacturing from Start to Finish!
There is no charge to attend this workshop.
However, per-registration IS REQUIRED.
Space is limited to 25 people for each class.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Solutions for Powder Metallurgy
RETSCH GmbH – world-leading supplier of lab equipment for sample homogenization and sieve analysis – have enhanced their product range with a complete line of instruments for applications with large feed sizes and high throughput rates.
The new products:
- Jaw Crusher BB 250 XL
- Jaw Crusher BB 400 XL
- Jaw Crusher BB 500 XL
- Jaw Crusher BB 600 XL
- Vibratory Disc Mill RS 300 XL
- Bond Index Tester BT 100 XL
- Flotation Tester FT 100 XL
- Abrasion Tester AT 100 XL (Bond Index)
- Impact Tester IT 100 XL (Bond Index)
More information -> http://www.retsch.com/news/details/news_detail/1229